Recipe by Aunt Cookie
This is so good with bread pudding! I got this from my boyfriend, Jake. He's always trying to fatten me up (it's working).
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons Bourbon
- 12 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the cream over low heat; add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Pour 1/3 of the cream and sugar into the beaten yolks and combine.
- Put the mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the cream and sugar.
- Heat on low, stirring constantly until thickened. Make sure you don't let it boil -- it will curdle.
- Put in a clean bowl and add the remaining ingredients.