Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a classic English custard. It can be served hot or cold.Used as a sauce in alot of recipes.
Make and share this Creme Anglaise recipe from Food.com.
- Split the vanilla pod and place in a saucepan with the milk. Bring slowly to a boil. Remove from heat, then cover and infuse for 10 minutes before removing vanilla pod.
- Beat together the sugar and egg yolks until thick, light and creamy.
- Slowly pour the warm milk into the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to the top of a double boiler or place the bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Stir constantly over low heat for 10 minutes or until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Remove from the heat immediately as curdling will occur if the custard is allowed to simmer.
- Strain the custrad into a pitcher if serving hot or, if serving cold, strain into a bowls and cover surface with plastic wrap.