This is a classic English custard. It can be served hot or cold.Used as a sauce in alot of recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Split the vanilla pod and place in a saucepan with the milk. Bring slowly to a boil. Remove from heat, then cover and infuse for 10 minutes before removing vanilla pod.
- 2Beat together the sugar and egg yolks until thick, light and creamy.
- 3Slowly pour the warm milk into the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- 4Transfer to the top of a double boiler or place the bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Stir constantly over low heat for 10 minutes or until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Remove from the heat immediately as curdling will occur if the custard is allowed to simmer.
- 5Strain the custrad into a pitcher if serving hot or, if serving cold, strain into a bowls and cover surface with plastic wrap.
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme Anglaise
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 205.8 mg
- Sodium 67.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: