Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Chilean recipe.
Make and share this Crema Fria De Palta (Cold Avocado Soup) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups diced avocados
- 2 cups cold chicken broth
- 1 -2 cup cold milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Puree the avocados with the chicken broth in a blender until smooth. Pour in enough milk to make a thick but pourable soup. (may not use all 2 cups, may use less).
- Add the lemon juice and season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne to bring out the delicate flavors.
- Garnish with the cilantro and tomato. Serve at once, because the soup tends to discolor rapidly.