Recipe by erin-nichole
I love pesto sauce, and I needed to use it on something. After examining my pantry's last legs, I decided to mix up something tasty.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups pesto sauce (see other recipe for prep)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, with herbs
- 2 cups dry pasta (small, thick shapes)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Using the back of a spoon, "paint" entire surface area of each chicken breast with pesto sauce.
- Melt butter in large pot over Medium heat.
- Carefully place chicken in melted butter, making sure to guard for spatter.
- After brown on both sides, add cream soups, tomatoes, and pasta.
- Stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add water and stir well.
- Cover & simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from pot and cut into bite-size pieces. (Stir mixture still in pot frequently until you've returned chicken.).
- Return chicken to pot. Stir, cover & simmer until pasta is tender.