Recipe by twissis
The beauty of this dessert by Romeo Salta from "The Pleasures of Italian Cooking" is its simplicity. It is a no-cook & quick-fix taste sensation that is best when garnished w/fresh berries. Enjoy! (Time does not include time to chill the crema)
- 1 lb mascarpone (ricotta or cream cheese may be used)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cognac (or other Brandy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the cheese in an electric blender till very smooth.
- Beat in the sugar, egg yolks, cream & Cognac till the mixture is very smooth & thick. Refrigerate till well-chilled.
- To Serve: Spoon chilled crema into 4-6 sml dessert bowls, ramekins or goblets. Fresh raspberries or strawberries were suggested as the ideal garnish, but I think a wide variety of imaginative choices would also work well.