Recipe by taylor.cook
This vegan take on a Peruvian crema (creamed vegetable soup) uses fresh carrots, scrumptious herbs, and a potato for added texture. I originally posted this recipe on our website at www.coseppikitchen.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 1 small potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the carrots and potatoes to a boil in a medium pot. Continue to cook until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Once the vegetables are soft transfer them and 2 cups of the cooking liquid to a blender along with the bouillon cube. Combine until smooth then set aside.
- Saute the onion and garlic in a large pot until the onions are translucent.
- Once the onions have sauteed, transfer them to the blender and liquify.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot garnished with parsley.