This vegan take on a Peruvian crema (creamed vegetable soup) uses fresh carrots, scrumptious herbs, and a potato for added texture. I originally posted this recipe on our website at www.coseppikitchen.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the carrots and potatoes to a boil in a medium pot. Continue to cook until the vegetables are fork tender.
- 2Once the vegetables are soft transfer them and 2 cups of the cooking liquid to a blender along with the bouillon cube. Combine until smooth then set aside.
- 3Saute the onion and garlic in a large pot until the onions are translucent.
- 4Once the onions have sauteed, transfer them to the blender and liquify.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot garnished with parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crema De Zanahoria (Cream of Carrot Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 246.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes