Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
crema de fruita graham
- 12 graham crackers, dipped in fruit cocktail juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Equal sugar substitute
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups condensed milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 egg yolks, beaten slightly
- 2 cups fruit cocktail, drained
- 1⁄2 agar-agar
- 1 tablespoon Equal sugar substitute
- 1 cup water
- DO FILLING. Mix sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. In a bowl, combine condensed milk and water. Gradually add milk mixture to the cornstarch mixture. Cook on low heat until thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Turn off heat.
- ADD egg yolks to the thickened cornstarch-sugar mixture, beating vigorously to avoid cooking the eggs. Return pan to low heat and cook for 2 minutes more. Cool.
- ASSEMBLE. Arrange 6 Grahams (dipped in the fruit cocktail syrup) on the bottom of an 8-inch square pan. Spread half of the custard evenly on top of the crackers. Top with ½ cup of fruit cocktail. Repeat procedure.
- BREAK agar-agar in ½ cup of cold water to soften. Boil another ½ cup water, add the softened gulaman mixture and 1 tablespoon sugar. Boil until gulaman is completely dissolved. Pour gulaman on top of fruit cocktail. Chill and serve.