Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I adapted this from BHG's Halloween magazine. I tried it out on my family and am going to serve this at our Halloween Bash.
Top Review by PixieDust
I made this for us to snack on while we greeted our trick-or-treaters. Yes, indeed, this dip looks very creepy. But it tastes totally delicious with the sausage and onion really contributing to the flavor. Thanks for a fun and yummy Halloween Dip.
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage (I used extra spicy)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) package cocktail franks, halved crosswise
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (I used Rotel)
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage in no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer sausage mixture to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Stir in weiners, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 to 2 hours until cheese melts, stirring after 1 hour.
- To serve, keep warm on low setting, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips.