Recipe by katie4998
This was given to me by my mom - she's made this for years, and it's really easy and really good! The name comes from the fact that the batter starts out underneath the fruit, and "creeps" up to surround the fruit as it's cooking! Great served with ice cream or whipped cream.
Top Review by Chef Ninja Tater
Very easy recipe with simple, inexpensive ingredients. I used Black Berries for this Cobbler & turned out amazing. This is one recipe I will use often for many years to come.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups fruit (canned or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (if using canned fruit, this can be omitted, since the fruit will be sweet enough on it's own)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven starts to preheat, place butter (or margarine) in an 8"x8" pan, and place in oven to melt butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 3/4 cup sugar and milk- Mix well to combine.
- Remove pan from oven and pour batter mixture on top of melted butter-*DO NOT MIX TOGETHER!*
- In a small saucepan, heat fruit and 1/2 cup sugar until warmed and gently spoon fruit mixture over batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.