1/5 Photos of Creeping Crust Cobbler
This was given to me by my mom - she's made this for years, and it's really easy and really good! The name comes from the fact that the batter starts out underneath the fruit, and "creeps" up to surround the fruit as it's cooking! Great served with ice cream or whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2While oven starts to preheat, place butter (or margarine) in an 8"x8" pan, and place in oven to melt butter.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 3/4 cup sugar and milk- Mix well to combine.
- 4Remove pan from oven and pour batter mixture on top of melted butter-*DO NOT MIX TOGETHER!*
- 5In a small saucepan, heat fruit and 1/2 cup sugar until warmed and gently spoon fruit mixture over batter.
- 6Bake for 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creeping Crust Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.1
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 269.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 62.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: