Recipe by Debber
Make the dressing/sauce, then get creative and try some substitutions with the other ingredients. What's listed here is the "basic" recipe. ANOTHER IDEA: Leave out the pasta, and cut the dressing in half to use for seafood roll-ups or wraps.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise (no substitutions)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package pasta (small shape -- shells, rotini)
- 5 -6 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (16 ounce) package crabmeat, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse with cool water, drain again; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss remaining ingredients; add cooled & drained pasta, toss again.
- Spoon dressing over the tossed crab & pasta, stir well to coat everything.
- Can be chilled at this point, or served at room temperature.
- Leftovers should be kept refrigerated & eaten within a day or so.
- VARIATIONS: Shrimp, green olives, fresh mushrooms, minced red onion, minced bell pepper (colorful!), fresh or frozen (thawed) peas, a dab of curry powder for color & flavor, salt & pepper to taste.