Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This uses simple items you'll have on hand in your home. A good way to use the "old" baking soda in your fridge!
- Stir cornstarch and soda together, add cold water, stir over heat until "mashed potato" consistency.
- Turn out onto a plate, cover with plastic wrap until cool-enough to handle.
- Knead dough and use immediately or store in an airtight container.
- IDEAS: ornaments, modeling, pottery.
- HANDLING: roll thin, cut with cookie cutters.
- DRYING: dry at room temp for three days OR in a 200* oven until dry (check every 10 minutes).
This was a simple fun recipe. The clay turned out very nice smooth and easy to work with. I added some food coloring. My kids made ornaments for the tree. When the clay hardens its very derable and even when dropped doesn't break very easy. Easy good recipe.