Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A dinner I came up with because little money to work with, $3.50 for the breasts and $0.75 for the Rotini, I'd say that's a cheap dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb rotini pasta (green,white& red swirls)
- Heat 10' frying pan (just the pan no oil).
- Put on 2 quarts of water to boil in saucepan.
- Add Vinegar to frying pan (let it bubble).
- Add Italian Dressing to Frying pan (bubble^).
- Place the Chicken Breast in the frying pan.
- Sear chicken - 5 minutes per side.
- Cover frying pan
- Lower heat to med/low simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add Rotini to boiling water - stir often.
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board.
- DO NOT dispose of Vinegar/Italian Mixture.
- Add spagetti sauce to mixture.
- Stir until bubbling.
- Strain Rotini - run under cold water to protect flavor and prevent sticky noodles.
- Cube chicken breasts.
- Add to sauce.
- Add Rotini to Frying pan mixture.
- Stir well.
- Cover and continue to heat apx. 5 minutes.
This was good and different but not something I would make on a regular basis. Made for Fall PAC 2007.