Pastry for a single Crust Pie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium mixing bowl stir together flour and salt.
- 2Cut in shortening or Lard till pieces are the size of small peas.
- 3Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cold water over part of the mixture gently toss with fork.
- 4Push to side of bowl
- 5Repeat until all is moistened.
- 6Form dough into ball.
- 7On lightly floured surface flatten dough with hands.
- 8With a rolling pin roll dough from center to edges forming a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- 9Wrap pastry around rolling pin.
- 10Unroll pastry onto a 9 inch pie plate being careful to avoid stretching pastry.
- 11Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Make a fluted , roped-shaped, or scalloped edge.
- 12For a baked pie shell, prick bottom and sides with tines of fork.
- 13Bake 450 F oven for 10 to 12 minute
- 14Or,line pastry with foil and fill with dry beans, or use double thickness of heavy duty foil.
- 15Bake in 450 F oven for 5 minute
- 16Remove beans and foil or heavy duty foil bake for 5 to 7 min more or until golden.
- 17Makes 1 9 inch pie shell.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Create a Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 145.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g