Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This very delicious pie was from a book put out by Eagle Condensed Milk. I personally like to use walnuts, but you can use your own favorite. I've found a 10 inch quiche or tart baking dish is the perfect size and shape and looks very nice on the table.
- 2 medium apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix, plus
- 2 tablespoons biscuit mix (divided)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- crumb topping
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (cold) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (cold)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 10 inch pie or tart pan, or spray with non stick spray.
- Prepare crumb topping (see below) and set aside.
- Core, peel and slice the apples, then toss with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons baking mix; arrange in the prepared pan.
- In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients (except those for crumb topping) and blend on low speed for 3 minutes. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes, then pour over the apples.
- Prepare the crumb topping, sprinkle evenly over the top of the pie, and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and baked through.
- Refrigerate leftovers (if there are any).
- CRUMB TOPPING:.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup baking mix and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cut in the butter or margarine until crumbly. Toss with the nuts.