Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have been making this for years. We especially like it with smoked turkey or smoked salmon, but it is good with other meats as well. Please note that the topping ingredients are listed in the directions.
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) cancondensed cream soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard or 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 8 ounces shrimp
- salt and pepper
- NOTE: The meat or fish can be fresh, frozen or canned crab, shrimp, tuna, chicken, turkey or salmon. The soup can be cream of mushroom, shrimp, chicken or cheese.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, combine mayonnaise with milk OR white wine (or a combination of both).
- Stir in soup, cheese and seasoning.
- Gently stir in the cooked pasta and drained chopped seafood or poultry.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with CRUNCH TOPPING. Bake 5 more minutes.
- CRUNCH TOPPING: Combine 1 cup soft bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons melted butter, OR use 1 cup crushed potato chipe, OR 1 can fried onion rings.