Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My boyfriends Aunt made this soup for us, It is soooo Tasty!
Make and share this Creamy Zuchinni Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 medium zucchini
- 200 g light cream cheese (any herb flavoured cream cheese tasted great)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- Heat frying pan to medium heat.
- Add butter then garlic and onions and cook until the onions become translucent.
- Add zucchini cook until they become a bit soft.
- Add the water.
- Cover the pan with lid and let the mixture cook until the zucchinis become soft.
- using a hand blender or food processor puree the zucchini mixture.
- cream cheese and fresh ground pepper and puree it all together.
- If it is too think or you want it to be a bit more creamy, add a bit of milk or half and half and blend.
This was positively divine. I loved it. The butter and cream cheese gave it a lovely smooth, creamy consistency, and it tasted so good. I wish I had doubled there recipe so we could have had extra servings. The recipe didn't state how to prepare the zucchini, so I decided to leave the skin on (for the extra nutritional value), but I sliced them thinly so they would blend a little better. Thank you for sharing your recipe, chantal.brick. Made for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.