Recipe by flexitariancook
A trip to the farmer's market inspired this recipe, which features zucchini. Don't overcook vegetables; after blending, the carrot bits will add a little crunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 cup spicy vegetable juice (such as V-8)
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups soymilk (unflavored)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic, onion and celery until onion is translucent. Add carrots, vegetable broth and vegetable juice. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add zucchini and simmer 5 more minutes. Carefully spoon mixture into blender. Blend until there are very few chunks (you should be able to see specks of dark green zucchini and orange carrots). Return to stovetop. Add soy milk. Bring to a low boil and add nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to taste.