Recipe by Kraft Natural Cheese
Creamy - check; Pasta - check; vegetables - check. This recipe has everything it needs to be a new family favorite.
Top Review by jennyblender
This was really great. It needs a bit of seasoning but is otherwise really great. I suggest using a pasta with extra health benefits. I also used frozen chopped spinach since it is slightly less expensive and easier to work with since it's already chopped. This is a great weeknight meal! Thanks for the recipe Kraft.....
- 226.79 g rigatoni pasta, uncooked (1/2 of 16-oz. pkg.)
- 4.92 ml oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 226.79 g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml flour
- 1.23 ml dried basil leaves
- 1.23 ml oregano leaves
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 236.59 ml reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 113.39 g PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.)
- 170.09 g package baby spinach leaves
- 59.14 ml Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 354.88 ml KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
- MEANWHILE, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minute or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add flour and seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute Stir in broth; cook and stir 2 to 3 minute or until thickened. Add Neufchatel; cook and stir 2 to 3 minute or until melted.
- DRAIN pasta; return to pan. Add zucchini mixture, spinach, Parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella; mix lightly. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining mozzarella.
- BAKE 10 minute or until mozzarella is melted.
- Preparing Perfect Pasta: Follow the package directions to ensure that enough water is used for cooking the pasta. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente (tender but still a little firm to the bite), stirring frequently. To prevent pasta from sticking, add it slowly to plenty of boiling water and stir frequently while cooking. Adding oil to the cooking water is not recommended because some sauces may not cling to pasta coated with oil.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh fruit and a side salad to round out the meal.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: 330 calories, 13g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 3g sugars, 18g protein, 45%DV vitamin A, 15%DV vitamin C, 35%DV calcium, 15%DV iron.