1/1 Photo of Creamy Zucchini & Spinach Rigatoni
Kraft Natural Cheese's Note:
Creamy - check; Pasta - check; vegetables - check. This recipe has everything it needs to be a new family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, uncooked (1/2 of 16-oz. pkg.)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.)
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA, divided
- 1HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- 2COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
- 3MEANWHILE, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minute or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add flour and seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute Stir in broth; cook and stir 2 to 3 minute or until thickened. Add Neufchatel; cook and stir 2 to 3 minute or until melted.
- 4DRAIN pasta; return to pan. Add zucchini mixture, spinach, Parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella; mix lightly. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining mozzarella.
- 5BAKE 10 minute or until mozzarella is melted.
- 6Preparing Perfect Pasta: Follow the package directions to ensure that enough water is used for cooking the pasta. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente (tender but still a little firm to the bite), stirring frequently. To prevent pasta from sticking, add it slowly to plenty of boiling water and stir frequently while cooking. Adding oil to the cooking water is not recommended because some sauces may not cling to pasta coated with oil.
- 7Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh fruit and a side salad to round out the meal.
- 8Nutrition Information Per Serving: 330 calories, 13g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 3g sugars, 18g protein, 45%DV vitamin A, 15%DV vitamin C, 35%DV calcium, 15%DV iron.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Zucchini & Spinach Rigatoni
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.5
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 35.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese
Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA