Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Redding's North Plate by Diane Hawthorne
Make and share this Creamy Zucchini Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Bring zucchini and chicken broth to boil in heavy, medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until zucchini is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until almost smooth. Return soup to same saucepan.
- Add cream, nutmeg and parmesan cheese; stir over low heat until warm. Season to taste with salt and pepper.