Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
In 'The French Slow Cooker' by Michele Scicolone
Make and share this Creamy Zucchini Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add in the onion; cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and sage.
- Scrape the onion mixture into a large slow cooker.
- Add the zucchini, water, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Add in the rice and cook for 30 minutes more, or until the rice is very tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Reheat if necessary; taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with the cheese and parsley.