1/1 Photo of Creamy Zucchini Soup
The only way my picky 4 year old will eat her vegetables!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in a large soup pot.
- 2Sauté sliced garlic until golden, then add remaining vegetables and sort of"stir fry" it for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add water, bouillon cubes, salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to med-low.
- 5Simmer for about 20-30 minutes until veggies are very tender.
- 6Remove from heat, add evaporated milk.
- 7Using a hand blender, puree soup until smooth.
- 8Adjust salt and pepper.
- 9Serve with grated cheese and croutons.
- 10Note:You can add whatever vegetables you have on hand to this--spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, etc.
- 11For a special soup, boil 1 lb shrimp (in their shells), reserving broth for cooking the soup.
- 12Prepare soup the same way, adding cooked (peeled) shrimp the last minute of cooking (just to heat through).
- 13Reserve 1/4 lb of shrimp for garnish.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Zucchini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 83.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
double bouillon cubes