Recipe by Katha
Wanted a simple first course soup. Not to over power my main entrée. My guests said I had to post this. Even hubby liked it & he hates veggies--surprised me.
Top Review by Yankiwi
This soup is a delicious way to use up too many zucchini and the great thing is you can use frozen grated zucchini long after the plants have stopped producing. I used real garlic instead of powder and next time I will add some milk powder when I puree in the blender. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 quart chicken broth or 1 quart chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- sour cream, as garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart pot sauté onion and carrots in butter until onion is clear.
- Add potatoes, zucchini, broth, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 1/2 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree all in a blender or food processor.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- Add a dollop of sour cream, if desired.