Recipe by yooper
A very rich quiche! A little wedge goes a long way!
Top Review by Miss Annie
Mark, you really have a good recipe here. I made this for lunch and it was easy for me to put it together and let it sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before baking so I could get the salad assembled. It was delicious. The next time I make this I am going to use another type cheese. I have been discovering some tasty cheeses at my deli, and I think It would be good with a smoked cheese. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 to 10 inches)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 8 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spread the bottom of the pastry shell with the mustard and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 350.
- Place zucchini in colander, sprinkle with salt and drain for 5 minutes.
- Saute the mushrooms in butter.
- Sprinkle one cup of Jack cheese in the bottom of the pastry shell.
- Spoon mushrooms on top.
- Squeeze zucchini to remove the excess moisture.
- Place in the shell, separating and fluffing with fingers.
- Beat together the cream cheese, cream, egg yolks and egg, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pastry dish on a baking sheet and carefully pour in egg-cream mixture.
- sprinkle the remaining Jack cheese on top.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes, until top is puffed and golden and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.