Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a wonderful appetiser, originally from famous German chef Tim Mälzer. It is fresh and light with a lovely zucchini garlic onion taste. Without the bread, the zucchini cream can also be used as a dip for many other uses. I hope you enjoy. :)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, diced (about 300 g)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 44.37 ml goat cheese (cream cheese)
- 8 slice baguette, toasted
- 20 g parmesan cheese, shaved
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add the zucchini, onion and garlic. Sautee for about 5-7 minutes or until everything is tender and most liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream cheese. Mash with a potato masher until creamy, but not totally smooth.
- Scoop the zucchini cream onto the baguette slices and top with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
Simple and delightful! I had large zucchinis, and found that one worked perfectly here. I served on a gluten-free baguette and used cream cheese, since that was on hand. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 46
This is a wonderful appetizer, so flavorful with not so many ingredients! I had a loaf of crusty french bread so just cut each slice in half and that worked fine. Loved the creamy garlicky zucchini, great with the Parmesan. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
A very nice way to fix zucchini~ I served on toast and actually enjoyed it better just by itself. Nice and creamy using cream cheese. Thanks! Mad fo the Australian Swap Sept. 2010