Recipe by Lalaloula
This is a wonderful appetiser, originally from famous German chef Tim Mälzer. It is fresh and light with a lovely zucchini garlic onion taste. Without the bread, the zucchini cream can also be used as a dip for many other uses. I hope you enjoy. :)
Top Review by Starrynews
Simple and delightful! I had large zucchinis, and found that one worked perfectly here. I served on a gluten-free baguette and used cream cheese, since that was on hand. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 46
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, diced (about 300 g)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese (cream cheese)
- 8 slices baguette, toasted
- 20 g parmesan cheese, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add the zucchini, onion and garlic. Sautee for about 5-7 minutes or until everything is tender and most liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream cheese. Mash with a potato masher until creamy, but not totally smooth.
- Scoop the zucchini cream onto the baguette slices and top with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.