Recipe by ShanH
This is from the Sooner Sampler; a cookbook published by the Norman Junior League back in the 80s. This casserole is WAY more flavorful that the ingredients suggest! A lot of bang for very little buck.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced zucchini, par-boiled
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion with garlic powder, salt and pepper then drain if needed.
- Par-boil zucchini in water for 5 minutes then drain well.
- Mix soup and milk with paprika.
- Layer 1/2 ground beef, 1/2 zucchini, then 1/2 cheese in a casserole dish. Repeat layers.
- Spread soup/milk mixture on top of the layers.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees until bubbly.
- This can be assembled the night before and baked the next day, just increase time to allow for the chilled casserole.