Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe comes from "The Classic Zucchini Cookbook", with only minor additions. It is a quick and easy beginning for elegant dinner memories.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
DD didn't like this one at all. Everyone else thought the flavor was fine, but extremely thin. The consistancy was the same as plain broth. I had to fight the urge to pour it into a mug and drink it!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 leeks, sliced (The white part only.)
- 2 cups sliced summer squash
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk or 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the leeks and saute about 5 minutes or until softened and transulucent.
- Stir in 1 cup of the broth along with the squash; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until just tender.
- Transfer the squash mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return puree to the saucepan and add the remaining broth and milk.
- Add poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through and serve.