1/2 Photos of Creamy Wild-Rice Soup With Smoked Turkey
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This came from Cooking Light 2001 magazine and it has been our favorite since I found it. It is the best cold, rainy, gloomy, any day soup ever!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 ounces fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups smoked turkey breast, chopped (~1/2 lb)
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked (or mixed brown & wild)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups 2% low-fat milk or 2 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk or 2 3/4 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Melt butter in a dutch oven over med high heat; add carrot and next 5 ingredients; saute 8 minutes or until brown.
- 2Stir in broth scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 3Stir in turkey and rice; cover and simmer 1 hour 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 4Combine flour and milk in a small bowl stirring with a whisk.
- 5Add flour/milk mixture to pan and cook over medium heat about 8 minutes or until thick.
- 6Stir in sherry and salt.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Wild-Rice Soup With Smoked Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 242.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked turkey breast