Recipe by Danna Smalley
Wild Rice Soup is one of my favorites. This recipe began with a recipe my grandma gave me and has evolved into this recipe.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces skim milk
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Velveeta cheese (about 1/3 block)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces frozen carrots
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cream of celery soup in crock pot on high.
- Fill empty can with skim milk and put in crock pot.
- Stir frequently.
- Cut Velveeta into cubes, and put in crock pot.
- Continue to stir.
- Once Velveeta and cream of celery soup have begun to melt, add other ingredients.
- Continue to cook on high until soup is hot.