Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from my SIL. It is the most creamy wild rice soup you will ever eat. It is not diet friendly, but delicious anyway.
- 1 (6 ounce) boxuncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend (original recipe)
- 1 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, sauteed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 quart half-and-half
- Prepare rice as directed on box. Saute onion in butter or oil Fry bacon until crisp and crumble Put all ingredients in the crockpot on low setting and heat through. Stir occasionally. This recipe makes about 3 quarts of soup.
Wish I could give this 10 stars. This soup is wonderful. It a very creamy, cheesy and filling. I plan on serving this at our annual Souper Suppers this Fall. Thanks so much, PatM. It's a keeper!!!!
THis is wonderful, I used cream of mushroom as that is what I had on hand, I also added in about 4 sliced baby portabello mushrooms when I was sauting the onion. It was delicious!