1/1 Photo of Creamy Wild Rice Soup
Charlotte J's Note:
This was on the back of a Reese box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan bring water to a boil and add rice and salt.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until tender.
- 3To Prepare Soup:.
- 4Melt butter, add onions and celery, cover and gently cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- 5Stir in 2 teaspoons salt, pepper and flour.
- 6Remove from heat and add milk, stirring until flour is well blended.
- 7Return to low heat, cook stirring constantly until soup had thicken.
- 8Add cooked rice and simmer a few minutes to blend flavors.
- 9Serve hot, garnish with chopped chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.4
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 1219.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 9.0 g