- 4 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat; add in mushrooms, onion, and celery; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables, stirring well.
- Add in broth and simmer until thick.
- Lower heat; add in half-and-half, rice, marjoram, salt, and pepper.
- Continue to cook over low heat until well heated.