1/1 Photo of Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup in a Jar
I was a member of a professional organization and we sold this soup mix in jars to raise money. It is really good, especially in the fall and winter. I will list the instructions for using it as a fund raiser at the end of the cooking instructions. Cook time is for prep and simmer time when cooking, not preparing for fund raiser. Yummy and I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package country gravy mix (Pioneer if available)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dried mushrooms (shiitake, chanterelle or oyster)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken, drained slightly (optional)
- 1To cook; put all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- 2Add 7 cups of water. Heat to boiling.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- 5For fund raising, you will need 1 pint jar with lid and ring for each recipe,a decorative piece of material cut into an 8 or 10 inch circle and raffia ribbon or twine.
- 6Place each ingredient in the jar in the order listed, except the chicken.
- 7Place lid and ring on jar, sealing tightly by hand.
- 8Place the can of chicken on top of the jar.
- 9Center the circle of material on top and tie the ribbon around the material at the level of where the jar neck starts.
- 10If selling these for a seasonal fund raising, try to find material appropriate for the season, such as fall or Christmas!
- 11These were very popular at our fund raising!
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 519.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried celery flakes