Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from a recipe card in the grocery store, it has wonderful flavor and everyone loved it.
- 1 (6 ounce) boxuncle ben fast-cooking long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb variety sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- In a pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion, mushrooms and bell peppers until tender.
- Add flour, stirring.
- When aroma from flour is slightly nutty, add broth and heat until boiling.
- Add the milk and rice.
- Season to taste.
- Add more broth if too thick.