Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is exceptionally easy, but special because of the wild rice and sherry.
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 78.07 ml wild rice
- 118.29 ml sliced green onion
- 236.59 ml half-and-half or 236.59 ml light cream
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml snipped fresh thyme
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 14.79 ml dry sherry
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth and uncooked wild rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and cook an additional 5 - 10 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Combine half and half or light cream, flour, thyme and pepper.
- Stir into the rice mixture along with the mushrooms.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for one minute more.
- Stir in sherry and heat through.
- Test for seasonings. Add a little more sherry if desired.
- Serve in heated bowls.
- Note: You can use 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme if you don't have fresh thyme.