Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is exceptionally easy, but special because of the wild rice and sherry.
Make and share this Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth and uncooked wild rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and cook an additional 5 - 10 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Combine half and half or light cream, flour, thyme and pepper.
- Stir into the rice mixture along with the mushrooms.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for one minute more.
- Stir in sherry and heat through.
- Test for seasonings. Add a little more sherry if desired.
- Serve in heated bowls.
- Note: You can use 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme if you don't have fresh thyme.