GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
This recipe is exceptionally easy, but special because of the wild rice and sherry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth and uncooked wild rice.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and gently simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes.
- 4Stir in green onions and cook an additional 5 - 10 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- 5Combine half and half or light cream, flour, thyme and pepper.
- 6Stir into the rice mixture along with the mushrooms.
- 7Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 8Cook and stir for one minute more.
- 9Stir in sherry and heat through.
- 10Test for seasonings. Add a little more sherry if desired.
- 11Serve in heated bowls.
- 12Note: You can use 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme if you don't have fresh thyme.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.4
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 601.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g