Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Rice made in a crockpot, from Pillsbury Slow Cooker Recipes Book
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse rice with cold water: Drain. In a 5- 6 quart slow cooker, combine rice and all remaining ingredients, except parsley, mix well.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-9 hours. Stir in parsley before serving.
I had such high hopes for this recipe. But all the wild rice popped and looked extremely unappetizing. Flavor was ok, it needed more zip to it, but it was nothing that anyone asked me to make again, which is a shame because it was quite an easy dish to prepare.