1 hr 10 mins
Adapted from a recipe I found in a "Best of Italy" cookbook. I think a shot of sherry would be really good in this as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced thinly
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces fresh wild mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups chicken stock (I use a 'pareve' mix when using the cream to keep it kosher)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2/3 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 1Soak porcinis in 1 c warm water for 30 minutes, strain and reserve the liquid Heat the oil and butter until foaming, then add onion, shallots and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes (until softened) Add fresh mushrooms to the pan and stir until softened.
- 2Add stock and bring to a boil.
- 3Add the porcinis, liquid, thyme and salt and pepper.
- 4Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Process 3/4 of the soup in a blender (immersion blender is perfect).
- 6Add cream and heat through.
- 7Correct seasonings if necessary and garnish with fresh thyme and cracked black pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.3
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 469.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 11.5 g