Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from The New Irish Table. Serve with crab cakes.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delicious sauce - love the rich tangy taste of the mustard and vinegar! We are grilling a nice flat-iron steak tonight and this sauce will go great with it! I did not have any shallots, so I used a red onion and it turned out great. We are big fans of whole grain mustard so I plan to make it again for grilled veggies and grilled meats. Made for Everyday is a Holiday, May 2012.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add shallots and saute until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine and cook until reduced to about 1/3 cup, 3-4 minutes.
- Add cream and cook until reduced to about 1/2 cup, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in remaining butter.
- Strain into a small bowl.
- Whisk in mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, up to 24 hours.