Recipe by teresas
A good friend passed this recipe to me back in the early 80's. I was so impressed with the flavor and texture that I had to have the recipe. It taste and looks like whipped cream. "Give it a try and see if I lie." Please follow the directions...and it is regular granulated sugar...not powdered...=)
Top Review by alligirl
I was intrigues by this recipe, so I had to try it. GREAT recipe, if you need frosting on the fly, with ingredients you keep on hand. I was surprised, and happy with the flavor, which was a lot like cool whip. I used this to frost recipe#435304 and it was the perfect compliment. It really does work, if you follow the directions, as written! Thanks for sharing, TeresaS.
- 236.59 ml milk
- 73.94 ml flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml margarine (or 1/2 cup margarine & 1/2 cup shortening)
- 2.46 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first three ingredients together in a sauce pan.
- Cook over Medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Cream sugar, shortening (margarine) and vanilla.
- Add cooled flour/milk mixture by the spoonful beating after each spoonful.
- Frost Cake.