Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try to select ripe, same-size berries to garnish the top.
Make and share this Creamy White Chocolate-Strawberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 inch) store-bought graham cracker crust
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt (full-fat) or 1⁄3 cup vanilla yogurt (full-fat)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Prebake the store-bought crust according to package directions and let cool; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add the white chocolate chips to the top of a double boiler set over, not in, hot water.
- When the chips are shiny, 7-10 minutes, stir well until smooth; remove the insert from the double boiler and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer on high speed, until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat.
- When the white chocolate has cooled to body temperature, add it to the cream cheese and blend until evenly mixed; add in the yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the chilled pie crust; smooth it with a spoon.
- Cover with loosely tented foil and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Choose as many perfect same-size berries as you can find; hull them and take a very thin slice off the stem end.
- Arrange the berries in a single, neat, compact layer on top of the filling, cut sides facing down; refrigerate.
- To make the garnish, melt the white chocolate chips as you did in step 2; let cool, then spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a fine tip.
- Pipe a thin drizzle of white chocolate over the pie in any appealing pattern you choose.
- Slice the pie with a sharp serrated knife to cut cleanly through the berries and serve.
Wow, this is delicious. I used a little less sugar, reduced fat cream cheese and plain low-fat yogurt. Still worked. I also skipped the white chocolate drizzle and instead used a tiny bit of strawberry syrup. Thanks for a great recipe!
This pie is super easy, tastes fabulous and looks beautiful. I took the basic idea and used a chocolate pie crust, the white chocolate/cream cheese/yogurt filling, topped it with sliced strawberries and then drizzled home made raspberry sauce over the top. It's a family favorite that is a snap to make.
A most delicious as well as beautiful pie! The beautiful presentation would be perfect to serve to company. I think the vanilla yogurt really adds a smoothness to the base of the pie. I melted the chocolate in the micro for even faster prep and the serrated knife is indeed a must in order to nicely slice through the whole berries and hardened chocolate. Will make this one often!