Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This recipe is one that I made up for a friend party who just loves white chocolate! She was so thrilled with this cake that I made her another one the next day for just herself.
Top Review by bethanyeden
I don't know where to begin! The directions are incomplete. There is no way this would feed 12 people. I put the "cake" batter into a four inch spring form pan and it barely covered an inch of the pan. Once baked it had more of rubber consistency. I'm sorry, but this recipe did not live up to expectations!
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 ounces white chocolate
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 9 ounces low-fat Quark cheese or 9 ounces cream cheese
- dark chocolate or milk chocolate or white chocolate, melted
- unsweetened cocoa powder, to dust
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8-inch round springform pan and line the bottom.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a mixxing bowl for 10 minutes, or until the mixture is light and foamy and the whisk leaves a trail for a few seconds when it is moved.
- Sift the flour and fold it into the mixture with a spatula or metal spoon.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until springy to the touch.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack until cooled completely.
- Return the cold cake to the pan To make the topping, place the cream in a pan and bring it up to a boil, stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cool slightly then add the white chocolate pieces and stir until melted and combined.
- Remove from the heat and let stand until almost cool, stirring, then stir in the cheese.
- Pour over the cake and let chill for 2 hours.
- Remove the cake from the pan and place on a serving platter To make the decoration, pour the melted chocolate of your choice onto a marble or acrylic board and spread ir thinly with a large spatula.
- Let it stand at room temperature.
- Ussing a scraper, push the chocolate at a 25 degree angle until a large curl is formed.
- Remove each curl as you make them and let chill until set.
- Decorate the cake with the chocolate curls and dust with cocoa powder.