Recipe by Courtly
An interesting, different chili that uses chicken. Yummy!
Top Review by unmistakable1
I make this recipe often and get rave reviews! Whenever I bring it to potlucks there are NO leftovers, and several ask for the recipe. I omit the whipping cream and it hasn't seemed to affect the recipe at all. Also, I use homemade chicken broth (about 1 1/2 cups), about 2 cups dried beans (soaked overnight), and paprika instead of cayenne and it's still delicious!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, saute chicken, onions and garlic power in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and cream.
- Serve immediately.