An interesting, different chili that uses chicken. Yummy!
Make and share this Creamy White Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- In large saucepan, saute chicken, onions and garlic power in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and cream.
- Serve immediately.
I make this recipe often and get rave reviews! Whenever I bring it to potlucks there are NO leftovers, and several ask for the recipe. I omit the whipping cream and it hasn't seemed to affect the recipe at all. Also, I use homemade chicken broth (about 1 1/2 cups), about 2 cups dried beans (soaked overnight), and paprika instead of cayenne and it's still delicious!
I loved this white chili because of the creaminess. Most white chili recipes do not have a creamy base and that is I chose to make this one and it did not disappoint!. Made exactly as posted and Loved it, thanks for posting, Courtly
this recipe is absolutely awesome, we made it camping over the fire and its just so tasty, recommend it to any one. It has awesome flavor and just enough kick