Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This delicious recipe came from our school secretary.
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless skinless, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add beans, broth, chilies, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream, and cream. Serve immedately.
Best recipe.A family favorite. All of our coworkers beg for us to bring this to all potlucks.
This chili is amazing, the first time I made it for a chili cook off it won most unique chili. The second time I made it for the family and I and chose to not add the cream or sour cream but to have it on hand for those who wanted it. This chili is perfect for children as well. My kids ages 6,and 2 both enjoyed this and was not to spicy for them. Thanks for the upload.
Easy to make. First white chili I actually enjoyed.