Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Easy Beans.
- 2 (19 ounce) cans navy beans or 2 (19 ounce) cans white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil (from the tomatoes)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- In a food processor or blender, puree beans and stock (do this in batches if necessary).
- In a large skillet, saute green onions and tomatoes in oil over medium heat until onions are wilted but not brown.
- Add in the sherry; stir until the sherry is reduced by half; then remove skillet from heat.
- Add bean puree to skillet; return to heat and gently stir for 3 minutes.
- May garnish individual servings with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro.