Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a wonderful appetizer! The brie cheese mixed with the cream cheese is delightful! Prep time does not include refrigeration time.With the white cheese and red salsa, this would be great for Valentine's Day or Christmas!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 medium green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small red jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peeled and finely minced fresh gingerroot
- 3⁄4 lb brie cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- cracker, of your choice
- To prepare the salsa: Pulse the cranberries in a food processor until very finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the green onions, jalapeno, sugar, salt, cilantro, lemon juice and ginger.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- To prepare the whipped brie: Remove the rind from the brie and put the cheese into a food processor with the cream cheese, pepper and lemon zest.
- Process until nice and smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- (This can be made 24 hours in advance.) Bring to room temperature about 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with crackers and the salsa on the side.
Sweet and spicy! Creamy and delish! It just dissapeared! I used only cream the brie Ibought was bad so had to do without it. I will make it with the brie because I do love it! It`s added to my cook book. Better then the cranberry pepper relishes I`ve bought!