1 hr 10 mins
Chef #465252's Note:
This is a creamy Italian-style sauce that I regularly serve warm, over hot noodles or cold, spread on crackers. The combination of the sour yogurt, tangy garlic and bitter walnuts makes for a nice, balanced sauce. This recipe works best with a yogurt that contains 5% milk fat or higher. Add enough so that the sauce is a bit wetter than you'd like because the dry ingredients will absorb a fair amount of liquid. You don't need to use your best extra virgin olive oil because the food processor will ruin its flavour, pure grade olive oil is fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the cheese into 1cm cubes and chop finely in your food processor.
- 2Add walnuts, garlic, salt and basil and chop until you have a rough paste.
- 3Slowly add olive oil to the running food processor until the paste starts to form a ball.
- 4Add yogurt to the food processor and pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- 5Transfer the sauce to a bowl, cover tightly and refrigerate for one hour to allow the flavours to mingle.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Walnut Pesto Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 852.9
- Calories from Fat 714
- Total Fat 79.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.4 mg
- Sodium 1882.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 26.5 g